What was suppose to be a sweet mommy and son date didn't even get off the ground before I had already opened my big mouth and crushed his little heart. All out of impatience. That little face was so excited to go out with mommy. With our lives changing at a rapid pace with a new baby, a busy schedule, and life just getting a little nutty, all my little man wanted and needed was some time with his mommy.
He is growing so quickly, with so many little quirks, that I just want to soak up every moment of his littleness. Littleness that I know wont last forever. Right now, I am his best friend, his buddy, his mommy.
I love it.
I need to remember it more often.
But by the time we bundled up and walked out to the car, I was rushing. There was only so much time before the other babies would be up from naps, a huge list of things the hubby needed to finish, and not enough time to get all the things on my list checked out. I started focusing on the busy, instead of the boy.
The boy that just wanted to check out the ants before getting in to the van.
The boy that wanted to remind me that we don't stand there.
The boy that wanted to sit in his car seat and not his brothers.
The boy that wanted to grab his airplane to ride with him.
The boy, my boy. My buddy that wanted nothing more then to just hang out with his mommy.
A mommy that forgot what she was focused on, the boy, not the list.



No comments:
Post a Comment