Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful

I used to count gifts. Every day I would find one thing, just one little thing to be greatful for. I would count little things from our day as precious gifts of life. It blessed my spirit to have such a positive attitude about life and came at the perfect time. When you me newborn ends up in the niccu, attached to machines and chest tubes things can get over-whelming quickly. 
Not when your counting gifts.
Chest tubes small enough for newborn lungs.
Gentle hum of machines.
A baby given a chance to breath. 
All gifts. Humble, tiny gifts that brighten your life.

My life hasn't been very bright. 
No I take that back, it has been, I just haven't been looking for those bright shiny gifts. I've been ignoring them, looking at all the ways that life isn't measuring up.

Bills and budgets that don't add up.
Frustrations over my bipolar diagnosis. 
Exhausting from pregnancy. 
Dirty rooms.
Lack of space.
Complaint, complaint, complaint. 

My soul need refined. My eyes need to find gifts, my heart needs gratefulness, my life needs a revamp. 

It's time to start over. Start looking and counting gifts again. Everyday. Here's my plan, a gift posted every day. It might be a photo, a scripture, words from a friends, what ever is a gift for me that day. 

Here we go:


This little man. My oldest baby, my independent, persistent, passionate, loud, little man. He thinks he knows all, and runs the show. He will be a great leader, some day. 

He's my gift. 





Want to know more about counting gifts? Pick up Ann Voskamp- 1000 gifts. There is even an app to help you count and track your gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment