Monday, July 8, 2013

Going For It

I'm linking up again with Blair over at Wild & Precious today.
I love this link up, the only rule, what is your life lately.

Oh lately, we are going for it!

We have this dream of being together more as a family. When your husband works over 65 hours a week, family time is well, sparse. I hate it. I'm incredibly proud at how hard the Hubby works, and how much he strives to provide for us but its hard. We have all sacrificed a lot for me to stay home and keep our bills so low, but he still has to work a ton.

We have this dream of having a successful home business. A business that creates time for us to be a family, that provides our needs, and gives us the chance to show our kids to follow their dreams.

And it all starts with small steps.



For me its taking my mentality from "pretend business mommy" to putting my big girl panties on and becoming a business card carrying, not afraid to tell someone "yea I make those".
Now there is my button for my shop, Mrs Pate Makes proudly displayed on the side bar (bet you didn't even know I had a shop!), and this month I am for contributor for Tethered Crate! Also you can find me on Facebook at Mrs Pate Makes & Instagram!
 


For my hubby.... He has opened his shop, Bound Tight. He has designed & made a fabulous bamboo wallet. See the man hates wallets. I have been after him for years to trade in his paperclips, rubber bands, and other random things he has tried to use. Finally, he made his own and voila! He has had so many people ask about it and want to buy one that he started a shop.

I'm so excited & proud for him. If you have never opened a shop, it is a scary thing to put your idea and work out there. It is for both of us, but thankfully we are tackling it together.

Its been fun having conversations about prices, items, marketing, things that Ive been afraid to tackle I now get to walk through with my Hubby. There's nothing better than running for your dreams with the person you love.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It IS hard to make and sell something that you put your heart into. I did my first craft show two months ago and sold NOTHING. Disheartening, but it's all about try, try again. :) I will definitely take a look at your store...and will cross my fingers for you! (Found you through Wild and Precious.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally don't give up on the craft shows! Ive done them for a few years now and it can be so worth it. For some reason I get freaked out with online stuff. Its strange! LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete