Monday, July 8, 2013

Preschool

Holden loves school.
It makes me laugh when he tries to make Guy play rug time with him. I laugh because I did the same thing to my siblings, and they loved it (pure sarcasm here...).

Ive tried jumping on this love of school bug Holden has before, and honestly felt totally lost. Even with great material, print outs, and lesson plans I still felt a little over whelmed and lost.

Then we found ABC Mouse.




I just had to pry Holden off it.

He loves it.
Not only is the program age friendly (it goes from toddler time - kindergarten) but its has a track that your child activities are set on. You have the option to just do what ever activity you want, coloring, numbers, letters, songs, puzzles, etc. I personally like the track. I know Holden would do the same activity over and over if he could.



What is great about the activities is they are all quick. With a very active moving little boy, getting him to sit still was something I was very worried about. Very worried...... Thankfully the activities are great for small time periods, but still are full of great lessons. The added bonus to quick lessons, I can sit with Holden while he "plays". I can sit and keep and eye on him while finishing a cup of coffee, or do my own quiet time. I can see this working well even after Scarlet gets here.




I think this is great for every kid, even if they are in a preschool class. Its hard for one teacher to give every kid their full attention, so this really helps. Plus you can try it for a free month! Really, click here and get a free month to try it out. Its a great way to really get into the program and see if it works for you.

I'm so excited to see how Holden takes to the program, and excited to have some direction in helping him be ready for kindergarten.

Now excuse me while I cry thinking about my kid going to kindergarten.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment