Saturday, May 11, 2013

Birth Mothers Day

In March we where gearing up to make a big announcement. 
A huge announcement that I had been waiting years to make, an announcement that gave me goosebumps, tears, joy, and sadness all crazy and rolled up in one.

We were going to announce that we were starting the adoption process.



Then I found out I was pregnant.
We are still going to adopt ((much much more on that later)) but it leads me to today.
Today is birth Mother's Day.

I think of our future daughter, and her mom. 
Could that dear sweet lady be pregnant right now too?
Could we be sharing morning sickness & flutters?
Could she be daydreaming of her child's face?

I think of her heart. 
Is anyone speaking love to her, or is she ashamed? 
Is she cherished?
Does she know how special she is?
Does she know how much I love her, how much my heart breaks for hers?
Has she made the hardest choice of her life yet?

 All I can do is pray. 
For her heart,
her choices
her life
her spirit.

Pray for her and all the other birth mothers of this world. Mothers that gave up part of their heart, so their child could have more. I could never pretend to know what that feels like. I can just be in awe of that love, respect that lost, and be honored to share a daughter with her.

So dear birth mother, you have will always home in my heart.




2 comments:

  1. Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it
    from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my
    blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme.
    With thanks

    Feel free to visit my page partnerwithtomblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure this piece of writing has touched all
    the internet visitors, its really really fastidious piece of writing
    on building up new web site.

    my web blog ... Pure garcinia cambogia facts

    ReplyDelete