Thursday, May 9, 2013

All In The Family

I normally don't blog based on things that happen in the news. I don't like to get into the hype of things. There has been plenty of times that I have be fired up about something, sadden by something, or just had a general though of the daily news, I just chose to keep my two cents in.

Until now....

I'm not angry, so this wont be a rant. There was just something I read that made me think. Think about my family. Our die hard dedication to each other, and how we have chosen to show it.

Now I don't know what your stance is on tattoos, but the other day when I read how Obama said he would get a "family" tattoo more too embarrass his daughters if they ever got one, It made me think of my brothers, my dad, my family.

See we have those matching tattoos.


Out of a hard time we chose to show support to each other in the most permanent way we could.
We rallied,
We showed love,
Support,
We chose each other.


So yes, I get looks. I get people asking me if my tattoo was "pre Jesus".((It's hasn't even been a year))
I have people ask about my "party" days. I have people ask if I regret getting it.
The answer is always no.
I will never regret standing with my family, I will never regret showing off what God has done.




I will always be the mom with the arm tattoo.

I will also be the mom proudly taking their child to get one too, if they ever want one.

How about we just get a little more open and a little less, judgy.



No comments:

Post a Comment