Friday, September 7, 2012

Little Things

Morning All! It's Jac here. 

Life has been a bit crazy lately. We started Brian's busy season off with bang and he's been working round the clock - literally - he was at the office until 1am on Wednesday and then about 8pm last night, and he's back at the office for 7:30 this morning. We're used to busy but this is a bit abnormal. 

Brian works as an accountant - oh so exciting I know. The division he works in has a bit of a different schedule compared to the typical accountant. His busy season is from September until about March or April, and then about half busy until June or July. So August is a great month for us because we get to spend a bit more time together. 

Last week was a busy week, but not super busy, and then this week has been crazy!! But instead of focusing on the fact that Gray hasn't seen his dad in a few days, and I'm exhausted from growing another bean and taking care of a very very busy almost 20 month old, I'm going to focus on the great things, even if they're little. 

A few hours to chill and be pampered
- Wednesday the nanny was here and I spoiled myself with a hair appointment and a Pumpkin Spice Latte!
- My mom dropped a spaghetti squash off the other day - my FAVE fall veggie - I'm so excited to cook it tonight. A bit of butter and the oven for 45 minutes and I will be in taste bud heaven while I eat it. 
- Grayson had two naps yesterday! and both of them over an hour long. (We've been working on just one nap a day, but I guess he was tired from Wednesday with the nanny and needed the extra sleep) So I was able to do a lot on my to do list, and even got to sit and read for a bit. 
My books came in the mail!
- I started re-reading 1000 gifts, and on Wednesday had enough of the kobo version on my phone, so I decided to order real copies online. I found a great discount code, and even though I didn't pay for next day shipping, they arrived yesterday! (I wrote a bit more about it yesterday here) 
- My dear friend Rachel and I decided to start a weekly bible study together since neither of us is able to get out to the ones at our churches. We're starting with 1000 gifts (the other copy is for my MIL Christine - Can't wait to see how this book blesses her)
- After hearing about how long my week has been, and needing a sister date to catch up on life, my sister is taking me out for dinner tonight! My big sister is truly one of my best friends and I'm so thankful to have her.

When I focus on the little things, I feel so blessed by life. And I'm so thankful for the blessings I have. 

What little blessings do you have in your life? I would love to hear them!


1 comment:

  1. I had one of those "high on life" days yesterday. I felt very very blessed and so creatively inspired!

    ReplyDelete