Monday, August 20, 2012

Pate Preschool

The Pate Preschool officially opened today, and off to a great start! For months now the Hubby and I have been chatting about Baby Man. See Baby Man is not a bad kid, not by a long shoot, we both could see a lot of restlessness in him lately. Not in a physical kind of way, but a lack of being challenged mentally.  We talked a lot of wanting to place in him some sort of preschool, but being an one car family preschool wasn't going to work for us.

Over the past few weeks I have been throwing this idea around in my head of doing some sort of preschool at home with Baby Man. I was totally overwhelmed even thinking about this. Where in the world would I start? Do I even want to home school? Is is worth it? He is only 2 and half, is it even time?

A funny thing started happening. Home school starting smacking me in the face. Last week four mommies I know started homeschooling their kiddos, two of the families have little ones that are homeschooling too. That's when I started thinking that maybe I could actually do this. Maybe. Scrolling through blogs upon blogs for ideas and help, I stumbled across so many different things. Some where very helpful, some where life changing, and some where weird & hilarious not my thing.
Finally after hours of reading, two cups of coffee, and my eyes crossing, I found it. The perfect plan for us.

Tot School

 It is an amazing curriculum created by a home school mom with an degree in early childhood education. There are printables, lesson planning print outs, step by steps, how to's, everything you need to feel confidante and succeed.   My favorite thing is that she focuses more on guided play learning , then "school" for these little ones. As I was clicking around her site I found another great "curriculum". Raising Rock Stars, is a curriculum to teach your children the bible.

Raising Rock Stars

Philippians 2:15
so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.

Matthew 7:34
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Just like for Tot School there are step by step ideas, printables, and memory verses. My favorite part, is the memory verses line up with the letter of the week in the Tot School curriculum.  Another great thing about the Raising Rock Stars is she suggest you start your week on Sunday nights with bible reading with Daddy! I don't know about you but the Hubby works a lot so any time we can all do something together like this I'm all in.

Needless to say, I was excited to start. I spent Sunday afternoon printing off the first week's lessons: coloring sheets, cutting sheets, lacing cards, puzzles, all A themed, and the coloring sheets for the story of Creating. Laminating some of the printables. (By the way I might have developed and unhealthy attachment to the laminating machine. It rocks my world. ) After a few hours of printing, cutting, organizing, Pate Preschool was finally set up. I really love my little preschool corner. I can't really say its a whole room but I love it.


I found a lot of things at the dollar store, including the posters. They had so many different types of "educational" posters. Everything from word tenses, colors, shapes, and phonics. I was impressed, plus its two posters for a dollar. Yes please. We also used a lot of chalk board paint and old formula cans for storage which actually work great! Needless to say our preschool nook didn't cost us much. I already had the chalk board paint (which runs around $15 at a home improvement store) the shelf, and the storage boxes (all from Ikea: the boxes where five for $2 and the shelf was $30 with hanging studs for the walls). All the little things I bought for Baby Man at the dollar store totaled right about $20. The most expensive thing I bought was the laminating paper which runs around $40. Total we spent about $60 for everything. By no means do you need to do it this way. The way I am wired I need assigned spaces. It helps me (and I think Baby Man) get in to a school mind set, but more about that tomorrow. I'll be posting about day one of Pate Preschool.




17 comments:

  1. Your space looks great! And I share your enthusiasm for the laminator. I love mine so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful place to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GREAT!!! I didn't start anything formal with Ian yet BUT when I get back from visiting my family in Ohio after Labor Day is our tentative start date. I found ABC Jesus Loves me online and it's free. I started printing some things off and familiarizing myself with the curriculum. We are planning on homeschooling but for this public school kid i'm already afraid i'm in over my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish we were neighbors! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady, you can so do this! That was the great thing about the 1+1+1=1 blog. She breaks everything down so easily that I didn't just feel like I could maybe do this, but I could rock at this!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! This is my first visit to your blog!

    We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same
    niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on.
    You have done a marvellous job!

    My page :: http://udelascienciasyelarte.ac.cr/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=30960&Itemid=0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting a new internet website directory and was wanting to know if I can submit your website? I'm hoping to mature my directory gradually by
    hand so that it retains quality. I'll make sure and put your blog in the proper category and I'll additionally use, "Blogger: Mrs Pate Writes" as your anchor text.

    Please make sure to let me know if this is okay with you
    by emailing me at: christal.almanza@freenet.de. Thank you

    Feel free to visit my webpage; plumbing wrenches faucet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heya just happened upon your website from Yahoo after
    I typed in, "Blogger: Mrs Pate Writes" or perhaps something similar (can't quite remember exactly). In any case, I'm grateful
    I found it because your content is exactly what I'm looking for (writing a college paper) and I hope you don't mind if I gather some information from here and I
    will of course credit you as the source. Thanks.


    My website: semiconductor devices physics and technology sze free download

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of
    the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but
    I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same results.

    Here is my web site - current investment property mortgage rates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy fantastic blog! Does running a blog similar to this
    take a massive amount work? I have no understanding of coding but I was
    hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways,
    if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off topic but I simply needed to
    ask. Kudos!

    my webpage furnished rentals in bradenton florida

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iím not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it
    up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. All the best

    my webpage :: wafer manufacturing front- end back end

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to
    me. Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and
    checking back often!

    Stop by my website - refrigerators bottom freezer french doors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's tough to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a excellent job with this. Also, the blog loads very quick for me on Internet explorer. Exceptional Blog!

    My web site difference between to 220 and to 220ab

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes
    which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more
    often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

    Fantastic work!

    my web page :: south florida personal injury lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there your internet site url: http://www.blogger.com/comment.

    g?blogID=5390356861662308127&postID=6412648331570428894 seems
    to be redirecting to a completely different web page when I click the home page button.

    You may want to have this checked.

    My web page plumbing fittings home depot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great website. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to a few buddies ans additionally sharing
    in delicious. And naturally, thanks on your sweat!

    Here is my homepage - journals.fotki.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. If some one wants expert view regarding running a blog afterward i recommend him/her
    to go to see this web site, Keep up the good job.


    My homepage - appliance repair tool set

    ReplyDelete
  17. As mentioned, thousands of people have already seen life changing results after using Kyle Leon's Muscle Maximizer for just a few weeks, and there is nothing that says that you can't experience the same changes as well.
    These days there are virtually 1000's of guys and females who are seeking to create muscle mass and strip off body body fat in purchase to transform the way their bodies' glimpse and really feel.
    In general, there is no doubt that the program Kyle Leon is a
    popular muscle building system for a good reason and this is definitely one of the most individual nutrients and online training programs today.


    Also visit my web site: Muscle Maximizer Reviews

    ReplyDelete