Our plan was to have school from 10:00-12:00 while Little Guy was asleep. I chose this time for two reason. I wanted us all to be up, feed, and dress. I knew that with the boys getting up around 6:30-7 most mornings and Little Guy still not sleeping through the night 10 as the earliest that we could even thing about functioning. Plus it gave me a few hours to get a couple cups of coffee in.
Yesterday was a lot of fun. Baby Man was really great for the rest of the day, listened well, and wanted to "do scoool" last night. I'm going to have to find some more creative things to do with him, he would keep going all day if I let him.
Here is the "schedule" we are using:
6:30-7 wake
8 breakfast
8:30-10 get dress, a little tv time
(We watch Super Why, Dinosaur Train, all the leap frog shows and Mighty Machines)
(We watch Super Why, Dinosaur Train, all the leap frog shows and Mighty Machines)
10-11 Letter
(Coloring pages, puzzles, lacing card, numbers ect. When Baby Man gets bored we move on)
11 Snack
11:15-12 Verse
(Currently we are working through creation. There is a coloring sheet to work on, we also go over his memory verse for the week)
12 Lunch
12:30-1 Room Time
(Baby Man plays in his room by himself.)
1-3:30 or 4 Nap
4-5:30 Movie
(Us Pates don't wake up well, we all need a little time to get going)
6ish- Dinner
7- Bath time with Mr Pate.
8- Bed time.
(At bed time we have been reading Baby Man the Creation story and going over his verse with him. We have multiple children bibles so we read a different one a night! Plus I grabbed a cute Creation board book from the dollar store.)
This is just an example of how the day tends to go with Baby Man. It doesn't mean it always goes like this, for example its 9 am right now and Little Guy is crying like hes ready to go to bed. Flexibility is a key. If your child isn't interested in something, stop, move on to the next thing, and try that activity later. Also, its not going to be perfect. For example, I was teaching Baby Man how to cut. I thought we would just cut a few cuts into a sheet of paper and move on. Nope. Baby Man cut that paper into as many pieces as he could, so I grabbed a paper plate, drew a quick apple on it, and we glued the pieces on to the plate. Was that part of the plan for yesterday, well no not at all. Baby Man loved it, and he learned something. That's the whole point of teaching, his learning no matter how that looks.
Now I'm off to drink another cup of coffee and get Pate Preschool up and running. Speaking of coffee check out my guest post today over at Mrs Bonn Bonn about one of my favorite things.... Coffee!







No comments:
Post a Comment