Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Teach. Play. Inspire. Win


Teach. Play. Inspire.
I love that. I am a child of discovery toys. My  mom in the early 90's was a Discovery Toys Educational Consultant (man do I wish I had pictures of her right now. Think late 80's hair, plus Texas hair. Yes it was aw-some).

I love those toys.

Once I started popping out these Pate boys I was on a hunt for some of my childhood favorites. Toys like the ones I saw my mom give my little sister & brother. Bright color links and stacking cups became my focus. The bad thing is, I couldn't find anything that was "like what mom had".

Because I wasn't looking at Discovery Toys!

I really could go on and on about how amazing this toys are. How I watched my siblings learn their ABC. How I struggled in math but, was able to get a lot better using some of the classic Discovery Toys. I could begin to tell you the hours I poured over the books, or played with the Sunshine Market (yes I as a 7 year old loved playing with my little sister).

Discovery Toys was my childhood, and I want them to be apart of my boys childhood too. That's why I am now a Discovery Toys Independent Educational Consultant. I'm so excited.

I am so thrilled about this that I am giving away one of my toys.
Why? Because these toys really can do so much. Not only are the fun, they are what I call "accidentally educational".  The educational parts of the toys are so well done, that the kids don't realize they are learning something. They learn it by playing, almost if by "accident".

Today, I am giving away one of my favorite toys: Measure Up! Cups.
These are the perfect stacking cups. It is a set of cups 1-12. On the bottom of every cup is an animal in progression from smallest animal (a butterfly) to the largest (an elephant) Not only do they stack but, inside each cup is a number 1-12. Every cup also had dots inside that correlates with the number in the cup. But, what it gets even better. Remember by "accidently educational"? Well the dots, correlate with the numbers on the clock! Not only that but, the are volume correct. For example, if you take water and fill up cup number 3 and cup number 2, you can pour the water in cup number 5 and it will fill the number 5 cup up! Hello addition! Want to learn counting. Pour water in cup number 1 and see how many times it takes to fill cup number 5!


Like I said theses toys are amazing!
So ready set go ladies! Lets see who wins these amazing toys!


a Rafflecopter giveaway




 

10 comments:

  1. so cute!! Emma would love these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav is the caterpillar that you push and go! It goes so far you wouldnt believe it was a baby toy! I really want the cups for mags though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think these are SO cool!
    http://www.discoverytoys.com/PUBLICSTORE/stores/tiffanypate/product/Place-Trace,614,180.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had those growing up, and honestly we used them for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah!! We could get some use out of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a few Discovery Toys and I love them all. If we didn't already have the "hammer away" boat I'd say that so I'd choose the measure up pots and spoons - he loves to "help" me cook and bake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the castle marbleworks toy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love their marble run!(my kiddo's love it too)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby Man loves hammer away. I did have to take the hammer, he only gets to push the balls now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm STILL in love with that one! I had it as a kid and it was our favorite toy!

    ReplyDelete