Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Worshiping Wednesday 6.26.12

This week has been one of those hard weeks. On Sunday night we when to the A21 Gala. We dressed up, ate, looked at amazing art, and then learned about the saga that is human trafficking. The statistics are mind blowing. To the point that you cant wrap your mind around it.

The founder of A21 (which stands for Abolishing Injustice in the 21 century) Christine Caine, spoke about the people, the families, women, children, babies, that are being trafficked. She spoke of names, of story, of place, of what has been done, and what needs to be done. She remind us that its not a problem "over there" its a problem everywhere. That the problem "over there" is still our problem. That we as the church can not let it go on. She spoke of brothels, of pedophile prostitution rings, of baby farms. Of orphans being stolen, babies being sold, if they are girls to pedophile rings, boys to be used in the black market for organs. Yes, you read that right. 




I have been a mess. I can't sleep. I bust out crying at any moment. I feel sick constantly. 
I hold my little baby, my precious little 4 month old with his big smiles and wonder. What the hell. 
(sorry but if that's what offends your in this post, you should re-read the post.) 

How. How can this be going on. Where is God in this? Why has this been happening? Why can't we just go get those babies? Why isn't anyone doing anything?

The problem is so big, too big for my brain to process. I just have to hold on to the truths.
He loves those people more than I could.
He cherishes those lives.
He IS putting people into place to save.
He will be with them.
He will bring comfort.
He will MOVE his people to take action.




His love never fail, its never gives up, it never runs out. Love conquers all. Right now, that's all I can hold on to. I might not have the emotional strength to stand, to raise my hands, but He does.

I don't have an answer, I don't have a next step. Everything in my body wishes there was something I can do now but I know He is doing something. He has already wrote this story, I just have to worship him for that.


My hope is that your blessed by every Worshiping Wednesday post, and would love for you to link up!  I'm host Worship Wednesday with Miss Tori every week. Follow Tori & me, then post a video, poem, lyric, drawling, writing, how ever you worship, and link up here. Don't forget to grab a button and add it to your blog.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus always gravitated to the most broken and least noticed people. I think we can trust that He is just as aware now as then. I'm glad God's put this burden on your heart - I'll pray peace over you as you discern your call into this ministry.

    ReplyDelete