Today's post comes from Sarah. I totally adore her!
Our paths have crossed so much over the past year and
finally we have really started to get to know each other.
I think its pretty safe to say we're booth pretty shy.
Funny huh, shy bloggers. Ha!
Hi! I am Sarah and I blog over at The Fontenot Four! I began blogging as an outlet a little over a year ago. Initially, my blog was really just for me. It was intended as a space for both my husband and I to share some of our thoughts and feelings regarding the things that were going on in our lives at the time. We are a family of four. We have two beautiful daughters - 8 and 6. Our six year old was born with multiple special needs and she is also medically fragile. At the time I began writing my blog, it was really intended to be an intentional effort on my part to write about the positive things in life during a time that was particularly challenging and, yes, incredibly stressful.
Several months later, I decided to go more "public" with my blog. Yes, "my" blog. My husband only ever wrote one piece in those early days! I felt like I had something to offer other women who might be facing similar struggles. I'm not a professional, but I thought that if I wrote from my heart, maybe someone somewhere might find something I had to say relevant to their circumstances and might, in turn, help them. I wanted my blog to be about the good stuff. Nothing negative. I figured if I focused on the positive for a change, it might really help me - and I think it has.
One thing that I feel makes me different from some other bloggers is the fact that the vast majority of my blog posts are faith-based. I am a Christian. It is since the birth of my youngest daughter that I have really begun to pursue a relationship with Christ. It is something that has grown to be extremely important in my life. I honestly feel that my posts should be Spirit-driven. Yes, I will have the occasional lighter-hearted post - book reviews, recipes, family fun, and so on. I just felt that with all God has done in my life, I owe it back to Him to share with others what He has done...what He can do if we just trust in Him. It hasn't always been easy - and it still isn't all the time! It is in recounting the blessings from Him that I can draw strength and grow my relationship with Him even more.
I love meeting people through the blogging community. I've met some people online who I consider to be real friends - people I would hang out with often if we lived in the same place. I've also gotten to know people like Tiffany, who I know personally through church, better - and I hope to get to know her better still!


Glad I have the honor of knowing both of you personally. You two rock!
ReplyDelete