Monday, January 9, 2012

Bye Bye Facebook, So Long Twitter

Tonight our church started a 21 day fast. We've done it, as a church for 4 years now, and it's an amazing thing. Every time Chris and I have participated in the fast it's been life changing, so once again this year we are up for it! Many people in the church do the Daniel Fast, of course being pregnant that isn't an option for me, so that means I have to come up with something else. Something that would be just as much as a struggle, something that I would have to really lay into God. Bye bye Facebook, so long Twitter!

Now I know your thinking really that's hard? But, for me it is. I've realized over the past year with moving, being far from friends, and not connecting well in Charlotte, I've really relied on social media to make it all better. It was like facebook and following other people, seeing them swoon over pictures of Babyman , gave me a sense of happiness, a sense of meaning. But, that's not where my meaning comes from. Not the amount of new notifications or tweets back, but in Christ.

Today to kick us off, our pastor spoke about this year praying specific & persistent prayers. He told a story about drawling a circle in the sand and standing there praying until you get the answer. Standing your ground, being desperate enough for an actual answer and not moving till you get it.


Yup, that's my circle. Marriage, Motherhood, Ministry, in that order. That's what I'm praying for, will fight for, will turn off facebook and spend the time waiting for the answer to those questions. How are we to go deeper in our marriage? How can I find joy and fulfillment in every part of motherhood? Where is my ministry suppose to go?

I'm excited to see how God is going to show up and what is going to come from all this fasting. Every year I always think I know how this is going to go, and it never goes that way. It's always so much more than that! I'm even more excited to be sharing it with everyone!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment