Monday, October 31, 2011

Thankfulness & Carpal Tunnel

Okay, so maybe I don't have carpal tunnel but by the end of this I might! :) This weekend was a blast! I did my very first festival/ craft fair thing, and I loved it. Not only did I love it but you guys loved it! I feel so blessed that ya'll liked the little things that I made. I'm trying really hard not to turn this in to a mushy 'you like me, you really like me' thing... but....

You like me, you really like me!

Yeah, I couldn't help it! Anyways, Saturday started off a little um, below freezing (yes it wasn't that cold but i'm southern we have thinner blood than you yankes) and was rainy. It wasn't too bad besides the fact that I totally forgot a coat. I ended up laying up on some of my scarfs and gloves that I had made to sell. Total advertising moment! Luckily by the afternoon it was
starting to warm up and turned out to be a really pretty day! I really had a great time talking to people, trying stuff on with them, and playing with the Square.


sidenote: I'm totally in love with the Square, it's this little square that plugs into your Iphone, Ipad, Itouch ect... that scans cards! Its linked to your bank account and it automatically deposits for you. You can take a picture of what you sold and it emails or text the buyer a receipt! You can even keep track of cast transactions! Totally the smartest thing ever! The funny thing is, even when people had cash they just wanted to play with the app! You have to love Mac!

Needless to say I had so much fun Saturday that I wanted to do it again, and I got too!! Sunday I went to Lighthouse Church and did their fall fest. It was so much fun! Totally a different vibe then Rocktober Fest but I loved it! I mean I got to see my first real cake walk! There were so many little people running around that Chris brought Baby Man (dressed as a real Texas Ranger, I mean real badge from Texas, real cowboy hat, and boots! That's what happens when daddy is a Texan there is no buying a felt hat!) I meet so many super nice people and had I think the best cup cake ever!


It was a great weekend and I feel so motivated. I'm so thankful that find something that I love doing and feel like I'm adding to my family and not taking from it. Ever since I was first engaged (all those years ago ;) ) I've always wanted to live out life in a Proverbs 31 type of way so to have the chance to "sell my goods to the merchants" I feel on top of the world.

The funny thing is, it isn't about the amount I made or could make, but its about adding to our home. Doing something creative, worth something, and not wasteful is so rewarding! Who would have thought of me getting my wish of being a SAHM & being a business lady!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I keep meaning to ask you if you would like to sell your stuff at my shopping party on November 13th! Its 3-6pm! I would love to have you my crafty friend! Let me know if you are in and ill add you as an admin on the fb event! I would like to make a request for some pink gloves as well, I haven't decided if I want pearls or buttons?!?!

    ReplyDelete