Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hairs

It's been a long while since I've had the chance to write anything. There has been a lot of changes in the family, our lives over the past few weeks and I finally feel like I am finally at the point that I can put two sentences down and there actually be a point. Its so strange how life can give you joy and pain in such a drastic contrast so quickly. Such a rapid change that it will literally make your head spin!

Sunday the 17th Chris and I woke up and was sitting on the couch having coffee when we found out that Chris uncle David had committed suicide on Saturday night. Shock was the only thing we could process. Just pure dumbfounding shock! It still doesn't seem real. I think this is the hardest form of death to process. This taking your own life is something that is so hard for others to try to wrap their brain around. Its scary, the place that a person is at when this is the out come, most people never mentally get to. It is so hard for those that have never face that thought to try and understand how over whelming that feeling is. How bleak life can feel. I hate, HATE that David ever felt that. I hate that anyone has ever felt that darkness. That sudden out of the blue snap.

I think out of everything in the world this, this lack of hope & light breaks my heart so much. I've been there, I've felt that and to think of anyone else in this world feeling that bleakness, it kind of knocks the wind out of me. All I want is to grab a person up and just hold on to them and let them know how significant they really are. How the are beautifully and wonderfully made by God.

On the long drive home from Atlanta I was thinking about significance. The thought that kept coming is that He knows every hair on your head. Every hair God had thought about. Did you know there are on average 100,000 hairs on a persons hair! 100,000! On top of that the average person loses 50 to 100 hairs a day. The average life expectancy of the USA is 78 years. If there are 365 days in a year the average person lives 28,470 days.

So this is my thoughts...

28,470 days x 100 hairs a day+ 100,00 average hairs on your head =
2,947,000 thoughts about you.
Actually 2,947,000 thoughts about just your hair. Now that is significance.

Right now all I can do is hold on to my husband. Love him and his family the best I can and pray for God presence for our family, and remember our significance lies in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment