Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simple. one percent

Simple.
The word scares me a little. I grew up a daughter of a Mac addict. No really, addict is the right word. We had our first Mac computer in 1995, we were cool before you even realized how cool we were. We've had ipods from the first generation to the new ones. All the kids (but me) have iphone and are on their second or third ones. We grew up a tech family.

I'm over it.

Now don't take me wrong. I love tech. But I'm started to realize its a little much! I'm kind of sick of always being connect. I want to take Holden to the park and not have my phone going off in my bag, or fighting the urge to play Angry Birds as Holden runs around.

Am I putting more time in to killing pigs than I am building in to my son?

So this is my 1% change this week.

Make it simple.

I cut my cell phone off. (I know I was terrified at first too!) Chris and I actually had to go to Target and by a land line phone, which has hilarious! We now have a home phone with an answering machine. Which means now I have to plan things. I love it!

So that's the goal make everything as simple as I can..
$75 coffee pot that stores and holds the coffee for you, and just pours straight in to the cup. Yeah its cool. But does it make the coffee taste any better than my $9 pot? I don't think so.

Are you going for "need" or "glamor"?

Like before, link up to Naptime Diaries and check out all the 1% Changes!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiffany! You have won our giveaway for an Elan Card. Please email roofwithaview at gmail dot com so we can get your address and mail you your card! Thank you

    ReplyDelete