The parts that he is totally obsessed with, bath time is so much fun right now!
It hit me today. I love when things come to me in such an organic way. Its like a light just goes off and there it is! Anyways, back to the story.
I got up this morning and was actually ready to go. No sleepy barley making it out of bed when I hear my alarm (aka Holden yelling "mommmma") going off. I actually woke up wide awake ready to start the day! I fixed Holden's breakfast, sat and had a little morning chit chat with the baby man, loaded the dish washer (I know who am I thing morning!) and then fixed me some toast, tea and sat down to have some quite time while baby man played in the sun room.
Then my plan went out the window. Suddenly baby man didn't like the idea of playing by him self with morning. Which is totally out of character! He's the little kid that if he's in the sun room playing and I walk in to play with him he'll get up walk to his room close the door and play by himself... Really, that's baby man.
So this morning when he suddenly wanted my attention as I was craving Gods, we had a bit of a dilemma. I had everything read for some major quite time...
My new tea cup that I haven't even used yet!
A pot of fresh tea!
Both of my favorite bibles (I own tons: Hi my name is Tiffany and I'm a bible junkie.)
My big journal, and I even found my reading glasses!!!
Delirious? on Pandora!
Totally ready to rock and roll a quite time... With baby man trying to climb up my leg!
Then it hit me, Holden might not be able to read the bible (or own one yet- its in his Easter basket) but he can sit in his high chair beside me while I do quite time.

So that's what we did. Holden and I had quite time together.
Can I tell you it was one of the sweetest moments between us ever. He just sat with his cheerios, sippy cup, and a book and just read.
The best part was this song came on Pandora
I just started singing along, and out of the corner of my eye I caught Holden praising along with me.
I got up this morning and was actually ready to go. No sleepy barley making it out of bed when I hear my alarm (aka Holden yelling "mommmma") going off. I actually woke up wide awake ready to start the day! I fixed Holden's breakfast, sat and had a little morning chit chat with the baby man, loaded the dish washer (I know who am I thing morning!) and then fixed me some toast, tea and sat down to have some quite time while baby man played in the sun room.
Then my plan went out the window. Suddenly baby man didn't like the idea of playing by him self with morning. Which is totally out of character! He's the little kid that if he's in the sun room playing and I walk in to play with him he'll get up walk to his room close the door and play by himself... Really, that's baby man.
So this morning when he suddenly wanted my attention as I was craving Gods, we had a bit of a dilemma. I had everything read for some major quite time...
My new tea cup that I haven't even used yet!
A pot of fresh tea!
Both of my favorite bibles (I own tons: Hi my name is Tiffany and I'm a bible junkie.)
My big journal, and I even found my reading glasses!!!
Delirious? on Pandora!
Totally ready to rock and roll a quite time... With baby man trying to climb up my leg!
Then it hit me, Holden might not be able to read the bible (or own one yet- its in his Easter basket) but he can sit in his high chair beside me while I do quite time.

So that's what we did. Holden and I had quite time together.
Can I tell you it was one of the sweetest moments between us ever. He just sat with his cheerios, sippy cup, and a book and just read.
The best part was this song came on Pandora
I just started singing along, and out of the corner of my eye I caught Holden praising along with me.
I caught the video by acting like I didn't see him, so I haven't watched it yet if its not centered or messy, sorry.
I realized today, that I am teaching Holden so much more than I thought! I don't have to tell him the story of Christ for him to feel that love. He was so calm and happy just sitting there with me listening. He just kept dancing and singing along.
It helped heal this momma's heart a little more.
It helped heal this momma's heart a little more.
Okay, I CAN'T stop crying! That was beautiful Tiffany! I think about that stuff all the time too. It's so great to know that even if we try our best and mess up, we can always trust our children are in God's hands. Thank you for sharing. :)
ReplyDelete