Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Two down, how many more to go?!

Our pastor from our church in Charleston (yes, I haven't let go yet. I'm working on it), is doing a Daily Wisdom Challenge on his blog www.gregsurratt.org. It is so great for me, because honestly I tend to be very, very, slack when it comes to spending time reading the bible.
For some reason I can read any other christian book, and devour it, but when it comes to the bible I just can't follow. So I've been using You Version.com to come up with a reading plan (which they have tons!) and the best part for me is that you can check off the chapters you read. I'm really bad at losing my place and forgetting what I had read. Plus I missed a few days (hey it was hard getting started!) so it kept track of where I left off and re adjusted my reading so I can still finish when I wanted.

Oh did I mention I was doing the plan that I read the whole bible in a year. Yeah, it's a big goal, but I'm really enjoying it. I love the reading plan I'm on its called OWN365. It is the whole bible in a year, but not reading straight through. You do two or three books at the same time, just small bits at a time. For example, I started with Geneses and Job, and now I'm in Exodus and Psalms.

I love when technology makes life easier in a more productive way!

Here's some songs that I'm actually pretty in love with right now too!







No comments:

Post a Comment