Monday, January 17, 2011

Dear Diary

I love to journal, I love a brand new journal even more.
There is just so much hope, beauty, and openness in those empty pages!
I really love it!

Now, I know a lot of people blog now instead of journal. I just think there is something to be said having your deepest thoughts on paper. I have doodles, list, recipes, all sorts of randomness in those pages. I some times day dream about Holden, (or one of the other imaginary babies, you know the little girl I hope to have) reading them. Maybe laughing, maybe crying, maybe just maybe understanding me a bit more than they did growing up.

In my mind my journals are my legacy.
They house my deep thoughts, prayers, questions.
You can read them and see how I thought things out, planned things, and discovered things about my self.

I love it. I know I'm a total journal junkie and I'm okay with that!
But, I am really picky about my journals. They have to feel right.

It's hard to explain. Some just don't feel inviting. My journal has to draw me into in.
Almost beckons me to write. To be open and transparent.

It's not a exact science.

I literally have to pick up and crack open every journal in the store, and stare at the pages to see if it says "hey, come share your secrets."
Some don't.
Some say "what do you need from the store." Or, "you know I'm just going to end up under your bed." Or for me the worst, "Dear Diary" (those tend to be really pink, glittery, or fuzzy.)

Do any of you journal?
If so how do you know you have the right journal, or can you just write on anything?
Am I the only journal snob?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I did journal but gracious I have so much to say on a lot of stuff I'd need to by quite a few at one time! I couldnt sleep last night due to a lot of stuff being on my mind, so I sat up and just wrote it all out in a notebook. I had to cut myself off at 5 pages front & back because Colin woke up. It was a good way to get my anger, hatred, disgust,pain, etc out with this situation I'm dealing with. Helped my morning to be a little easier.

    ReplyDelete