Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas

I am so excited for Christmas.
It's so cool to have a little one during the Christmas season.
I have a huge excuse to do all the little kid Christmas thing!
I can't wait!

To kick off the Pate Family Christmas,
Holden and I went shopping and I found the perfect book for our family.



I love it!
It has everything in it that we as a family are doing/going to do for the holidays!
It has shopping, getting your picture taken with Santa, getting a tree, setting up the Nativity, and going to church for a Christmas service.

We're doing Santa in a balanced way.
I want to teach Holden about St. Nick but, not be so concentrated on Santa.
Santa will be bringing Holden something small and only one gift.

Advent

My friend Jessi
(all of you should be following her blog by now! Just saying!)
wrote a blog about what they are doing for the Advent season.

Honestly.
I had no idea what Advent is.
I really thought it was what those little calenders were called.
I had no idea it was whole big thing!

So I've been doing some research and I really really think our family could benefit so much from adding Advent into our dynamic.
I love that it is about taking the time to build into what the Holiday really is.
I feel like if you take the time and daily teach/ do something that reflects Christ and adding fun secular things, it will be more showing Holden Christ, then telling him.
Its funny that I'm wanting to do this because I just bough a Christmas tree advent calender from Target!
I guess I was preparing with out even knowing it!

I'm so excited to start new traditions and bring in traditions from Chris' family and mine.
To see Holden's little eyes light up.
To see him in his little christmas jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment