Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken, Cupcakes, and a Birthday

Yesterday was my Mommies birthday!
Happy Birthday Momma!

I made a big dinner, which was a total guessing game!
I tend to not cook alot.
Actually re-phrase I cook but, not the full on from scratch bust out the mixer, juicer, standing there for three hours kind of cook.

So I COOKED!
It was such a blast!
I loved it, and was totally inspired!

It started with cupcakes!
I got up and was ready to make the cupcakes, and realized I had not a single box of mix or icing!
Panic!
How am I going to make cupcakes with out Betty, with Duncan, or Sara Lee!
(seriously, I panic a bit!)

Then I could have smack my self.
I mean really, why am I in a panic when people have been making baked goods for centeries with out those Ladies
(yes, we're going with duncan as a lady, work with me)
So after a quick google search I found a great cupcake recipe!

Everything was going great, then FAIL!
I had no vanilla! None, not a drop.
I started digging around the house and found some vanilla yogurt. So in it went!



Um... It was amazing! Totally amazing!
So super soft and not dry at all.
(yes I'm not using the "m" word, it grosses me out!)
I made a wonderful and easy buttercream icing too go with it!

Then I made a yogurt Chicken which was also very very yummy, very easy.
I'm telling you this was the best chicken I have ever had!
Really the best!

Everyone really liked it which surprisingly made me feel really great!
Now I know why so many people get such a high out of cooking!
Its fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment