Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Me+ Momma

I've been painting. Just creating expressing what ever it is that's in me that's fighting to get out.
I painted a sign for Holden's room that has his bible verse on it.
The Spirit of God created me
Job 33:4

I know God created my son perfect just they way he is. With all the boldness and personality that comes bursting out of that little man! I want Holden to grow up know that. Know that he was made unique and to be proud and bold in that!
As I was painting, it hit me...


I know Holden is created perfect just the way he is, but why do I act like I need to be someone else?
Don't you just love when that happens.

I have amazing momma's around me, impressive, wonderful, talented and creative, momma's.
Momma's that you can't help but, think "how do they do that!"
Momma's that I was desperately trying to live up to the qualities they had that I thought I was suppose to have too.
Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

I've been driving my self nuts, literally in to exhaustion trying to find my groove. As in trying to copy the other momma's grooves. Or the grooves I thought they have.
I didn't realize it wasn't about finding my momma groove, but adding the role of momma to the groove I already have.
Instead of becoming the momma I thought I should be, I need to be the momma I already am!

God created me just as I am. He gave me Holden because no one else on this earth can be Holden's Momma the way I can. So if there are times that the toys aren't put away, laundry that needs done, paint every where, and snot in my sons nose I am still the perfect momma for that little man.

Here's my momma groove.
I am a momma,
I need coffee every morning.
I think the day is successful if I get a shower before Chris comes home.
I buy more bottles so I don't have to wash them all day.
I leave the tv on all day so I feel like someone is here to talk too.
I do talk to the tv. (and I'm okay with that!)
I only leave the house once a week.I'm horrible and taking the trash out.
I can play with Holden all day and do nothing else!
I rather play with Holden all day!
I want another (and I'm getting another) tattoo.
I think there is nothing wrong with it.
I would change my hair color every month if I could.
I still want to rock out like I'm 17.
I still rock out, actually.I love to create things.
I love music.
I love my husband.
I love my life.
I am just me.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad to see you found the groove I knew you already had! I am in love with that sling you have! How do those work? I've always wanted one but scared my baby would be the one to fall out! LOL! If you ever get tired of talking to the tv....I can always come by! I thought you may want that Earth's Best Cereal but I didn't hear from you, so idk.

    ReplyDelete