A friend of mine, Jessi, wrote a totally inspiring post about getting her groove back. (check her out over at Naptime Diaries.) She confessed that there are some things she's just not sure about, like make up. It got me thinking, for some reason I feel like a lot of women have problems with that. I know for me I did too, until I worked as a make-up artist at a salon and received some amazing training.
I was planning on showing Jessi a few of my tips to get her started, but never got to meet up with her! (totally devastation on my side!) Plus, Jessi was talking about how great it would be to blog about it. (she totally speaks my language!)
With us not being able to meet up, and me loving the blogging, we now have a new Momma Monday. For now on Momma Monday is going to be Momma tips! From style, to make-up, to diaper bag tricks. I'm so excited about it!
This week we're going to talk a little about make-up.
(My Favorite!)
Ladies, let's stop piling stuff on to our skin. With me now fighting acne (again.) and wrinkles (my skin is confused, thanks.) I have realized what I've put too much stuff on my skin. What ever we are putting on it sinks into our pores and wrinkles. So lets be smart about it!
Tinted Moisturizer:

I am in love with it! Totally in love!
Not only is it a one step moisturizer and foundation, but its light and so much better for your skin. Think about it you are putting one thing your face instead of two! (um time saver too!) Everyone know that moisturizing is the best defense to wrinkles, and I am so bad at remembering to do it! But, I can guarantee I'll have make up on!
When I lived in humid land of the pluff mud (aka Charleston SC) I would break out all the time and sweat my face off. Literally, have you ever tried wearing make-up in humid weather, it will end up running down your neck! I switched to using tinted moisturizer and it was a total change! My face no longer felt greasy, and my break outs back off. Now I live in Charlotte NC, and its a totally different climate and it still works! Now its a good bit dryer and I need the moisturizer even more. That's a huge reason why I love Aveeno, it gave me the non-greasy moisture in Charleston, AND still holds up against the drier climate that Charlotte has!
Here's some tips:
When applying it start from the middle of your face and move out.
In high school I always had streaks of make-up around the out side of my face, so I now start with applying under my eyes, across my nose, then out to the rest of my face. That way I don't use to much, nor do I get darker in some places.
Give it a minute to feel like it had "dried"
It is a moisturizer so it will feel a little damp on your skin. Just like if you put lotion on, you have to give it a minute to get dressed, it's the same thing with your face!
Be careful of your eyebrows. (and your lips too!)
When I'm in a hurry I tend to rub it on and run. It will (like any other make up) cling to your eyebrows and no one really wants that!
Dust (yes dust) a powder over your face.
I don't know if is the area I grew up in but, a girl did not have her "face on" unless she had foundation and powder on. First of all, if you are doing this please for the love of your face, stop. You DO NOT need all of that. Its going to be hard for the first few days but, your skin will love you for it in the long run! I promise! I do use a light (as in non heavy) powder I dust across my face with I feel a little oilier than normal. I use a large make up brush, and just dust it like you would think of some one dusting there house. It helps dry up some of the oil feeling on the days I need it.
Please do not use make-up remover wipes!
Now I know its super easy and quick, but they really dry your skin out. If you have oily skin go for it, but my skin is a very odd combination of dry and oily (as in it daily changes it's mind) so I stay far away from them! I just use warm water and a very mild soap. Oh, and please don't ever use body lotion for your face! It's not made for your face, so just don't do it. The skin on your pretty face is different then the rest of your body so use face lotion if you want too.
That's it ladies, you will be well on your way to healthier and more radiant skin!
love it! getting some tinted moisturizer STAT!
ReplyDelete