Last week was really rough with the little guy. He for some reason, decided that he did not want to sleep all not. Which of course I loved....
Wednesday night I got up 15 time (no lie) with him. I rocked, I sang, I hummed, I even put him in bed with us begging and praying for some sort of visit from Mr. Sandman. He never showed.
Thuresday when we went down to Charleston, stayed with friends, and I (in full mommy exhaustion) lamented about how he has stopped sleeping.
Over the next few days Abbi and I finally put our two momma brains (which means we finally added up to one brain) together and figured a thing or two out about the little dude.
Holden was eating a 8oz bottle every four hrs, and getting baby food three times a day. Well he wasn't wanting to eat his baby food at all. Which was way too much for that little belly of his!
We changed it to 6oz every for hrs (with his last feeding at 8pm having 8z) and now he is eating a 4 oz jar of baby food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
and....
HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW!
This momma is so happy she could cry, or sleep!
so did he have an upset tummy from maybe drinking to much? I had some issues like that with Colin and his doc said that he was drinking WAY to much formula. He told me to concentrate on mainly food and just make sure Colin had about 5 bottles with 4oz in each. He said with his high metabolism and crazy growth spurts that the food needed to be the primary feeding stuff. I thought that was weird but sure enough when we did it....Colin is so so happy!
ReplyDeleteMaybe that will help some! I hope the poor little guy continues to feel better and lets himself and you sleep more!
Katie: when they get older they start digesting milk fast (more like we do) so Holden was getting full off the formula but, then getting hungry again faster because he was digesting it so quickly. That's why you have to concentrate more on just solids. Holden was in a growth spurt when we started solids so he would eat a 8 oz bottle and 2oz of baby food, but when the growth spurt ended I didn't realize it.
ReplyDelete