Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tears of the happy kind

As must know Holden is now a formula feed baby. It really hurt my heart at first but, I'm over that now. Seeing how well he is doing and how any weight gained issues he has had have dissipated since he's been on formula I have not an once of regret in me!

Only my wallet has had a little regret. Formula gets expensive, even more when you have a little piggy boy that goes through one can in three days. That being said, its been hard for us. I love my son and would give him the world if I could but, the cost of formula combined with a decrease in hours for Chris has left us really cutting things thin. Even with the crazy lady couponing I do its been stressful.

But today, today we got a miracle. (man do I love it when God shows up!)

I called Similac today.
I've been wanting to call for weeks, but have kept forgetting and honestly blowing it off. I'm terrified to call people (even my friends). So the thought of calling to ask for help was just too much for me. Thank God (literally) that I called.

I was just wondering if I could get some more checks to help out the cost or if there were anything else that could be done. After thirty minutes on the phone, and speaking to three amazing people, each helping as much as they could I was given, a free sample, more formula checks, a few coupons, and a free case of formula.

Yes you read right.

We talked about Chris' hrs being cut, being let go of his job back in March, Holden's health problems, and how well he's doing now, everything. In hindsight I feel a little bad for emotionally throwing up on those amazing sweet people but, God knows what He is doing!

I cried, I have never felt so blindsided by generosity before. It's just amazing to see a company care, and want to help, and to see God move in others like that! It's funny how surprised we get when God shows up and how we so should be used to it by now but still, its always a surprised.

So thank you Similac, you have a life time supporter in this momma.
Thank you God, you have a ever lasting daughter in this momma!

3 comments:

  1. That really is awesome. Do you have a costco, or sams membership or know someone who does? You get 2 cans from the price of one compared to the other stores. Also,here in Cali there is something called WIC (women,infants,children) They organization provides free formula, milk, bread, peanut butter and eggs for those with low income or struggling financially. They probably have that in your area or a program simular. We are in the same boat. Preston has no job and I will only work 2 days a week once I start my job next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for the mis-spellings. I need to proof read. Hopefully you get the gist!

    ReplyDelete