Saturday, June 26, 2010

I think we need an intervention.

I have fallen in love.
Okay maybe not love, more like an 14 year old r-patz twilard kind off obsession.
(if you don't know what that means I'm sorry but its time to reconnect with the rest of the world.)

Yes I have gotten all prepubescent, mind-numbingly, crazy over one little bean. One little roasted, toasted and brewed bean. The amazing life altering, mind waking, I can tackle life, coffee bean!

Now I haven't always enjoyed or even gave coffee a chance. Like most, growing up I enjoyed the smell of coffee brewing. I liked waking up to the smell of coffee and bacon, walked a little slower while passing Starbucks in the mall, even enjoying coffee icecream. But, drinking the dark tar colored liquid? Umm... No thanks.

That was until two years ago.

I started nanning for these beautiful little girls. Total dream job, if you even want to call it a job. I digress. As wonderful as the job was I didn't realize how quickly you can go from wide awake to, I need tooth picks to keep my eyes open. For the first few months I would get there and would be told, "there's some coffee left in the pot if you want some." Silly me, always turning my nose up to the thought of actually drinking coffee, I would just pour that goodness down the drain, rinse out the pot, and toss the grinds out. Until one day I couldn't stay awake, so I thought "what the heck" and gave it a try.

You should have seen what I got done that day!

Now two years later and a solid education in the art of coffee (thanks hubby & Jake for the Starbucks education) I now have a solid understanding heart felt connection. I now can grind my own beans, work an espresso machine (me and the milk are still fighting on the steaming thing) and know the difference between roast and location of growth!

So when I sat down the other day and finished off a whole 8 cup pot of coffee on my own I realized its time....

Time for an intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment