Monday, May 24, 2010

Baby Stuff

Registering for baby stuff, is a pain in the tale. You have so many opinions, options, and people telling you what you need and don't need. Not to mention if you're like my hubby and me, we don't always agree on the same things. Go figure huh?

There were a lot that I knew better on. Luckily I was a nanny and older sister long enough to know whats needed, what makes things easier, and what just makes it harder. So there where things that we just didn't want that others think are must haves (aka diaper genie. the things are gross people!) But there have been some things that I didn't expect to be so great, so bad, or just a waste! Here's some examples.

Total waste of money!

The First Years - True Choice Premium Digital Monitor






The thing was/is horrible. We got it because for a few reason. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend but, it was the only one with a rechargeable battery, so that factored in to the cost. We figured spending more up front would be better for us at the time. Plus is had some cool features such as: including a rechargeable battery; headphone jack; parent unit finder and a belt clip that converts to an easel and the ability to talk back to your baby like a walkie-talkie and a proximity sensor nightlight on the child unit.

Let me tell you what really happened. About a month and a half into have this little thing, I got up in the middle of the night and glanced at the monitor because all the lights were flashing (like they do when the baby is screaming) but, not a sound was coming from it. Confused, I picked it up held it to my ear and nothing not a noise. Lights all on, no sound. I push the volume button it was turned all the way up, so I turned it off and back on. When I turned it on I heard the worst noise ever. Holden screaming so loud! I bolted into his room and there he was almost purple from crying so hard. He had a blow out.

I thought I was going to die, I felt so horrible! I have no idea how long he had been crying, or how many times that had happened before and me not know it! I hate this monitor and hope no one buys it!

Pleasant Surprise!

First Years babyPro Nursery Bottle Warmer


I have to admit registering the thought of getting a bottle warmer was just silly. I thought that it was just a waste, I mean how hard is it really to warm a bottle. We got this warmer as a shower present and I thought "cool, not something I would have thought to get but still cool."

Honestly I used it for the first time yesterday. IT ROCKS!

Holden takes a bottle about twice a week. Normally because I think its great for Chris to feed him, and he hasn't had a problem with nipple confusion. We have had to supplement all day yesterday and most of the day today. So last night I got it out and tried it. Amazing. This one is really great because it also can keep the bottles cool, so anyone that is just bottle feeding at night can make the bottles before hand and store and heat in one place. Oh, plus it can heat baby food jar, double score!

The way it works is you pour the right about of water in the warming tray (they give you a chart showing you the amount based on bottle type, and milk type.) Then you just hit the button. It basically steams the bottle. Once the water is gone it shuts its self off. It really took only a few seconds and it was the perfect temperature! I was totally amazed.

What I think is so funny, is its two different products from the same people!

No comments:

Post a Comment