Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not what I expceted

It feels so good to stretch my fingers and do alittle keyboard dancing!
Life had gotten so crazy, I finally have time to process everything and start purging it out. We all know what the means!

NEW BLOG!

It amazes me how in this day and age, we get all of our emotional thoughts and junk out by uploading it in pretty little sites where others can see them if they want or not. I believe mostly not. Its like speaking to your dolls when you were little you think they listen to you but they don't.

I think thats how blogging has become. There are some many out there voicing there ideas, thoughts, emotional baggage, and learning experiences but, I wonder. Who is really listening?

Are we reaching around the globe to from friendships with others?
Or are we just reaching?

For example. My facebook.
I have hundreds of friends. But would you even call them friends? Does it not say something when we have friends and "facebook friends"? When did facebook become a category we place people?

How truly deep are we? Can we get past the computer screen and actually form relationships with people?

Or has our generation killed community?

True community! Not the online community for cat lovers, or Buffy Fan. But honest, loving, transparent community. A community where we reach in deep and know everyone we call friend personally. We know their inner workings, their fears, the last time they cried, and what keeps them up at night. We know there ugly parts but, love them anyways. That kind of community.

It reminds me of when a friend of mine said he didnt feel like he really knew me because he had never seen me ugly. He had never seen me show my inner flaws.

In a world were we can delete the bad pictures, and chop people out of our lives with one click of a mouse what does friend really mean? Are we really able to show our flaws, our hurts, our hangups? Or do we just blog about them, knowing very few will care enought to read it. We feel like we are opening up sharing with the world.

But, we lie to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment