I dont normally do this. Normally first, I don't go to the movies very often, second I normally dont really have a opinion. But, Tuesday night I went with a group to see He Just Not That Into You.
I have to admit... I wasn't a fan.
Now I was excited to see this movie! I was a huge fan of Sex in the City growing up so that fact that one of the writers, wrote the book and then the movie was very exciting for me. But I was hugely disappointed.
Here's the list:
a) Every scene with Scarlett Johanson should have been cut!
b) The story that Drew Barrymore told Scarlett Johanson was horrible!
Basically she (Scarlett) wanted to go after a married man, and drew then told her a little story about this man who was married for 15 years, meet a girl at church and left his wife for her. He ended up being married for the girl for 22 years. My Question is since when is it okay to "go after" a married man. Is saying it happened at church justification for causing a divorce!?
c) The Cheesiest line ever! We'll I might be crazy, I might look at all the little details but, at least I'm not scared to put my self out there!
Um... NO chick your just nuts!
d) Jennifer Aniston character being with her boyfriend for seven years and he doesn't want to get married. Of course He doesn't want to get married, no man would want to marry some one when they get everything they want with out it!
and finally..
some how
e) Everyone in this stupid movie knows every one else! You have nine people that are "randomly" all connected. Its honestly over kill. Its way to much going on in one movie!
The good news is, I bought a kids ticket so I only wasted six dollars instead of the normal nine!
Amen to that! Jamison took me on Monday. The movie was horrible. I wanted to cry for humanity and what it's coming to. I actually did voice my opinions a couple times during the movie. (In my defense, it was a one o'clock matinee. There was noone there.) I was horrified with the storyline, especially the Scarlett one. However, it sparked some amazing conversation afterwards about what exactly is wrong with our world sexually and how we each individually can try to make a difference or an impact and share with others what shouldn't be seen as okay.
ReplyDelete