Saturday, November 29, 2008

What an eye opener!

I spent some time living with a women that was single mom of two girls. Honestly it was not a good environment, the mom was very lost and very unloving to her children. I tried to pour as much of myself in to the girls as I could.

I have felt for a while that my living there for that time was a total waste. I chalked it up to a big mistake and just prayed my heart out for those girls. It honestly hurt a lot because I do and did love them so much, there just wasn't anything in my power I could do for them!

I saw one of them tonight, she was beautiful! Its been almost two years since I had seen her, and she was glowing! She told us all about her going to church camp last year and being saved, that she's now living with her dad, and is almost out of high school! This beautiful little girl that had to repeat the ninth grade and struggled with life, is now full of love, life, and has finally seen that God is there for her! It was amazing!

Now I'm not saying that I did anything. I'm not by any means saying that this transformation was anyway my creation! It was all God, and this girl fighting for her life! Its such an eye opener that things that we struggle so much to help, things that we see as being mistakes, things that we know we can never fix, Gods got it!

..and I'm so proud of this girl. I love you princess, your amazing, and your going to go so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment