Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Oil Junkie


My name is Tiffany, and I'm an oil junkie. 
Whew, it feels good to say that. 
Seriously, we are an oil family. It has been a slow process but, has changed so much for our lives. I have had a lot of people ask me about oils, and it can be a very overwhelming, but if you start small it is easy to manage. For us it started with my search for a holistic approach to help manage my emotional well-being.
But oils can be used for everything. Here is just an example of all the ways we use our oils almost every day.

Peppermint:
For the baby girl, we use it mixed with a carrier oil (we use coconut oil) on her chest to help her digestion. Since we have been using it, she has been able to lay on her back again with out any pain, and with minimal spit up.
Its allergy season down here already. Peppermint has been helping just breath better. We use peppermint with a carrier oil and rub it to chest and bottom of the little ones feet. 
I had my first cycle since the baby was born and I was, well awful! I mixed peppermint and lavender with a carrier oil to ease and relax my muscles and give me some extra energy. Peppermint is also a great pick me up and appetite suppressant.


Lavender:
Lavender is amazing. We put it on the little ones feet to help them sleep.
Lavender is great for cuts and skinned knees, so with two boys around the house, we get a lot of use out of the lavender!


Lemon:
I'm slightly addicted to the lemon, not only does it smell amazing, you can clean basically EVERYTHING with it. Bye bye chemicals. The biggest thing about them, is its a total detox for you body. Every day I drink a nice glass of lemon water. It has replaced this coffee addicts 3 pm cup of coffee. I can say I feel great afterwards. Both of our little guys easily get, well we will call it bathroom issues. Sometimes they won't go for a few days, and by then its a big issue. After trying everything on the market to get one of them to go, I finally tried a little lemon in water and  has helped keep them regular. No crying, cramping, or drama, it was just done and life moved on. 


I love these oils. Its pretty amazing how simple they are and how much you can do in your daily life with just these three little bottles! 

Wanna look at more oils? 
Check out my doterra
and if you have any questions feel free to ask! 
I would love to help you become an oil junkie too!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Serenity yet? It's my absolute favorite, but I do love all of them. On Guard is amazing, too. I'm diffusing Elevation right now in my kitchen! Fellow oil junkie here! :)

    ReplyDelete