For some reason it's hard for me to count those things as "gifts". The thought of saying a belonging if mine is a gift makes me feel, well materialistic and snotty. To be honest it feels like if I am grateful for those things, that it's too easy. It's an easy gratefulness, which in my mind translates into lazy gratefulness. Like gratefulness should be harder, we should force our self to be grateful for the things that are hard, exhausting, or just plan annoying.
It's so not true! A heart of gratefulness isn't about the hard or the easy, gratefulness isn't ranked. Being grateful for the hard things do not give you more points then being grateful for the great things. But that's what my heart does sometimes.
I'm changing it.
Today I am beyond grateful for the simple things: the purple shirt that has lasted 3 pregnancies and still covers my tummy, comfy leggins, my cozy over sized sweater (that my hubby hates) and a hot cup of earl grey.
Today this combination of things makes my heart happy, and that's ok. It may not be all overly spiritual, but I am still so grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment