Monday, October 7, 2013

Nesting into Rest

We've been taking it easy this weekend, thus the skipped post yesterday and the barely making it in today. Sunday was spent in bed. Between accidentally forgetting to take my bi-polar medication and a huge lack of sleep the night before, everything in me was screaming rest. 



The funny thing is, as exhausted both physically and mentally that I was, I still felt guilt for resting. Like I didn't have the right to rest, after all there were things that needed to be done. I honestly, have felt guilty right until this moment for rest the past two days. 

Make me wonder why.
Why do we glorify busy and exhaustion?
Why do I feel like I have to ask permission to rest? 
Why do we have to have an excuse to rest?



With my body hitting a wall this pregnacy, I have to rest. I physically have no choice. I find it funny how God is using so much of this last pregnancy to teach me to stop. To teach me to rest. Not just rest, but be comfortable and safe in the resting. It's one thing to rest when your body is shutting down and forcing you. It's another to find peace in resting and making rest a part of your rhythms. 



I have no idea how. I'm just realizing there is a lot God is trying to say to me in rest. 
I wonder what else He has in store for me this 31 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment