I've never been a big cook. Now I can crock pot like a champ, but pots, pans and skillets, they don't work for me. It has been the thing that has made me feel kind of like a failure in the home a lot. Too make it worst the hubby is an amazing cook, like a kitchen ninja. He can pull the three most random things out and bang, amazing dinner. Meanwhile I cook with my keurig.
I'm trying to find a way to enjoy cooking. Durning this nesting series I'm trying to find joy in the mundaine, in the things I don't enjoy. It's so easy to find joy in the things that come naturally to you, it's painful to find joy in the things that you well, suck at.
So I've been trying new things. Thanks to Pinterest I've found a few recipes that I've tried and work ((a few that were total fails)). The other night I made a chicken dish that not only was easy but, the hubby love. It's not apart of our go to dinners.
Italian chicken and veggies:
Fresh green beans
Red potatoes
Chicken breast
Italain dressing (this is were I tweeked)
Heat the oven to 350
In a baking dish line the green beans, chicken and red potatoes in rows.
Cover lightly in Italian dressing
Cover in alumina foil
Bake for an hour.
Here's the reasons for my tweeking.
First, honestly I miss read the recipe when I made my grocery list (like I said not a cook) and didn't buy Italian dressing seasoning. So I just used dressing and it was yummy!
Second they don't call to cover the dish while baking, but I always cover chicken. It keeps the chicken much more moist (sidenote: I hate that word? Is there something else we can use?) and potatoes tend to cook better that way.
I hope y'all try the dish, it was a total win.

No comments:
Post a Comment