This week something has been pulling at me. Being a healthy mommy, not just mommy but person.
Now when I say heathy I am not speaking about running or diet, but mentally healthy.
A heathy soul.
If out of your heart the mouth speaks, what does an exhausted, overly caffeinated heart speak?
Frustration?
Anger?
Busyness?
I don't want to speak those things over my kids, my husband, or in to the lives of those around me. But how? How in a culture of over serving, littles always in need, and juggling etsy shops with dishes, how do you quite down?
Saturday, I left.
Left my family for a few hours and ran thru a few stores that I had wanted to check out, to get away.
But that wasn't a get away.
That was just more busyness.
More go go go...
Isn't it fun how we think we are doing something different and it's just the same thing, just with out diaper bags and strollers?
I'm learning that stopping and resting is ok.
I'm learning that going to Starbucks to sit and hash through my thoughts over a journal and a cup of tea is not just ok but needed.
That it's not selfish of me to get by myself and feed my introverted nature. If anything it's life giving to not only my self, but for my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment