Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baby Dolls and Things


When I was little all I ever wanted was to be a mom. To have little people to take care of, teach and love on. I loved to pretend to cook dinner, rock baby dolls (or a dog) and home school.



Now...
Those things make me break out in cold sweats.
Babies don't rock to sleep easily, cooking dinner leads to burning dinner (and a lot of dishes) and home school? Really I have a two year old, home school always leads to picking crayons off the floor.
Some where between toy baby bottles with never ending milk, and 4 am feedings, I realize nothing was like I thought it would be.

Parenting, as it turns out, isn't about cute clothes and sleeping babies (a baby sleeping? Ha that's funny).
Its about humanity. Its about teaching this next generation.



Teaching them manners, respect, love, compassion, hard work, dedication, to love the Lord, and how to take a sabbath.

Teaching them how to laugh, play, not take them selves to seriously, to tithe, save, bless others,
and that they are sinning little people covered in Gods grace. That it is perfectly ok not to be perfect.

Teaching them that in the dirty, the gloomy, the hard, they find God's glory. Teaching them, life can hurt and God is always there to fix it.

Now that's parenting, not flipping a plastic egg that never breaks.




No comments:

Post a Comment