Saturday, September 15, 2012

Adventure

This summer has been a crazy adventure. From trying to find my voice, embracing truth, and learning to parent two kids, things have flown by very quickly.

It's been a season of breaking out of my own shell and really claiming my life. For years I was to scared, shy, or felt unworthy to say certain things. I blogged but didn't tell others. I created but hide those things from friends. All the while scared of showing those things and being rejected.

This summer a beautiful thing happened. I started down a road of liking who I am. That's hard for me. The people pleaser in me has had a rough time this summer. That person, who did what ever she was asked, has had to take a back seat. It's been painful. Slowly watching things that were my identity stripped away. It leaves a person very raw, open and exposed.

Which lead me to this- The blank canvas tour. See these amazing bloggers, Tico & Tina have been traveling all over the country interviewing people. People like me that need some hope, some love, some push to follow their dream.

It's was fun, scary, and honestly pushed me just having them here. I'm oh so awkward around people I don't know. Heck I'm awkward around people I do know. Opening your home to four people and two little people that you don't really know can be scary. So scary that I fought my self at least four times, from just canceling the whole thing.

I'm so glad I didn't. See I watched my video today, and it was just what I needed to hear. One of this out of body "self" conversations. After a summer of peeling away, learning about who I am, it's now fall and it's time to walk in that. I just have to remember her....

So here are the videos.





3 comments:

  1. I love how you were so low key about this! Haha, you thought you were going to sneak by didn't ya?! I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me soooo happy, Tiffany! I was exactly the same a year ago, and this year has been one big adventure of finally letting myself step out and not care what others think. it has been so amazing hearing everyone's stories and I am SO glad you didn't cancel! I can't wait to continue following your journey and supporting your awesome Just Cause :) you blessed us so much with that stroller, seriously!

    ReplyDelete