Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Worship Wednesday 6.20

This weekend was our churches Life Retreat. Our church wrote a study about finding freedom from the things of this world and it ends in a beautiful Life Retreat. This weekend was my fourth retreat and it was so beautiful and different. This was the first time that we did the retreat for sisterhood (our women ministry). It rocked me. I was beyond blessed to be able to pray over these women all week. These women that had so much pain thrown at them during their lives found healing, and joy in life.

It was beautiful and wrecked me.
The pain that all of us carry with us, the lies that we believe about our self, the destruction that the world has caused us. So much hurt, yet so much healing. I'm still trying to wrap my heart and brain around everything.  The only think that I know, is our God is greater. Greater than any pain, abuse, heart ache, lie, anything He is greater!




Our God by: Chris Tomlin & Matt Redman
song starts at  3:20


This song has been so heavy on me since Saturday. Such a simple concept that is so hard to grasp. Our God is greater, He is strong, and if He is on our side who can come against us? For some reason it is like we think that God is there for other people but, not for us. That God sent His son for humanity, not just for me.

Its such a lie. God loves us, not just us as a collective whole, but us as an individual. I love my children, I would give them anything with out thinking. Individually or as a group. I would never deny Baby G something just because H didn't want it. No, my love isn't concerned with numbers. Nor is Gods. We think that God sent is son to save everyone. We can wrap our brain around, Jesus for the world. Jesus for just one, for just me, that is harder to fathom, it seems unreasonable.

He sent the perfect one, for the imperfect me... Now that's amazing.

How are you worshiping today? By song, writing, painting? What is God saying to you? Link up, following each other, and lets grow together. 







Don't forget to check out the Giveaway!

5 comments:

  1. Love this post! He is perfect in every way! Retreat sounded fun! Nice to meet you through the Blog Hop! Falen UpwardNotInward.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much, Tiffany! glad you posted this link on twitter since I couldn't find your blog from your twitter profile =)

    I definitely identify with feeling like Jesus is big for other people - it's easy to have faith for others =) it can be so much harder to believe that YOU are worth it. we are working on that over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a BEAUTIFUL post! I am with Christina below. It is SO easy or so much easier to have faith for others but to embrace that he is OUR healer, ALL for US as individuals...sometimes that isn't as easy to accept. He is here for all of our broken bits and moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it can be so hard to fathom that He loves us. That we are His by HIS grace and not our own good works. Great post! (Visiting from the blog hop.)

    ReplyDelete