It was also perfect timing.
When Baby G was born, I had him in my arms for all of 10 minutes. I was woken a few hour later and told I wasn't aloud to have my baby, and he was going to have to be taken to the NNICU at a different hospital.
Terrifying doesn't being to explain the feelings that pulsed through me. So I counted.
- Doctors that new what they where doing
- Nurses to give me a passing smiling
- A smooth delivery
- Baby G
- Friends that drop everything to come sit
- Sleeping pills (yes that was a gift!)
The list just kept going. A list that by the end of it all included chest tubes small enough for newborns, the beeping of Baby G respirator, not being at the hospital when his lung collapsed, not being there when he was intubated.
Thankful doesn't cut it.
Watching your child go through that is something that doesn't leave you. For me, its something that still wakes me up in the middle of the night. Something that every time I look at Baby G, I'll see that moment, with tubes sticking out of him. Those moments, those big moments, I'm thankful for the little things.
Wanna link up for Thankful Thursday?

Wow Tiffany, you know I just started my list yesterday and I only had one gift so far. You inspired number two.
ReplyDelete2) Chest tubes small enough for a newborn (saved Ty's life, too.)
Such a sweet post! I can't imagine going through that! Thanks for linking up to the Monday Meet up! I am your newest follower. Hope you will stop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.
ReplyDeleteRobin