Monday, June 11, 2012

Guest Post- Ms Abbie


Today, you  are in for a treat! Abbie from The Envelope Keeper has a great post for you! 
The more I get to know Abbie, the more I enjoy her and her heart! 
She is such an amazing lady, and willing to help when ever needed. 
Enjoy a little snippet from The Envelope Keeper!
Don't forget to swing by her blog and find out more about her, and enter her giveway 
(you know you love a giveaway!).

Anyone who has ever attempted to create has been in that moment standing before a blank page, a blank canvas.  All white and empty and full.  Hoping there is something inside that will grow and spill over and fill the empty space with something worthwhile.  I’ve found when it comes to creating it is as simple and difficult as just beginning.  Writing the first word, painting the first stroke, playing the first note.  And so almost six months ago, in a moment of courage, I jumped into the pool of creativity and I started a blog.  We had a rocky start, my writing and me, but I have learned a lot about myself and a lot about the girl I want to be.

The Envelope Keeper started out in the direction I thought it should go but as I take a moment to look back on the path is has traveled, I am surprised.  I thought I would be offering tips on how to save money and live on a tiny budget but I quickly ran out of cleaver tricks. (I guess I’m not as creatively thrifty as I thought I was.)  The more I look at our family, the more I realize we strive to live an efficient life.  To make work fast and play long and time matter.  We live within our means and make choices that benefit our family’s lifestyle not just our family’s pocketbook. 


I want to say I’m changing the direction of my blog, but my blog has already turned I am just trying to get behind it.  Once I came to terms with the fact that I wasn’t going to have the next frugal living blog, I found what I have to offer is encouragement.  I believe that is what you will find when you visit me and I pray you will leave with hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment