Oh, its just me?
I'll admit it, I get horribly jealous. I turn green with envy, and not a pretty mint green either, but a pea soup green. Gross pea soup envy. It bubbles ups, steam, boils and makes that plop sound.
She has three new readers
-plop
She has 20 more esty sales-plop
Her one blog post has more comments then my whole blog has-plop
As a child it was snuggle bear...
Remembered those?
Pea Soup has to be taken off the menu.
Like I said, I'm the only one with this struggle right?
The good fight must be fought. Joy must be found in the day to day. Blinders must be put into place. A heart must be changed.
Pea soup can't just be removed, it has to be replaced. Changed out with something better, something life giving, something that is alive. Good ol' chicken soup kind of life.
Chicken soup starts with boiling bones. Our bones must boil. Boil for something more. For community, not social media. Depth and transparency, not surface level lies. We must boil for what God has for us. Each of us has our own recipe given to us by the ultimate chief. Each of us have to be boiled down for the good to come out. A life that is warm and fills others with a sense of welcome, a sense of home. Piling around a kitchen table to share life.
Relationships. Community. Love. God
My heart must crumble and be restored for this chicken soup life to happen. Turn up the heat God, because nothing is better than a cup of soup for this weary daughter.

No comments:
Post a Comment