Thursday, May 24, 2012

Giving up on Good- Packing


There is a deep deep rooted hatred of packing in my heart. A loathing of moving, physical activity, origination, and time management deeply rooted in me. What can I say I'm a work at progress. 
At the same time there is a longing to be all of those things. Nothing brings out this struggle like packing!

This is what packing does to me.


We are moving, yet again, on Saturday. The house has to be packed, the hubby has a crazy work schedule so the brunt of the job falls on to my shoulders. Shoulders that do not like having thing put on them. They crumble under pressure, whether the pressure is real or imaginary they crumble. Pressure to be super organized, know in detail what is in side every box. 

Scoop and Toss method!


Day three of packing, and I'm throwing in the cards!

Giving up the packing good (sorry for the poor grammar!)

There isn't a point to the madness. We are moving five mins up the road, we are generally not very organized to start with so why think this process is going to be all perfect. I will not have that movie moment at the end of the move where there is a slow lingering look around this home and a graceful lock of the door behind me with a single tear glistening in my eye.

It will be how ever it ends up being, and I just have to be okay with that!

Still needs packed.

Check out Giving Up the Good over at Naptime Diaries

1 comment:

  1. Wow!  A lot of work!  I'm glad you're giving up the "perfect packing plan"  I hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete