Thursday, March 29, 2012

What are you parenting for?

I had an interested post show up on my facebook feed today. It was about 5 things a blogger worried about raising her boys, she had some great things that she wanted to instill in her sons. It made me think, what are the things that I want to instill in my sons? Have I even thought about what I'm instill into them? I realized we have been in survival mood for a while, and I'm over it. I want to remember daily that my babies where given to me to raise, to direct their lives, they are our legacy, they are our arrows shooting out into the future.

So what do I want them to know, who do I want them to be.

1. A worshiping warrior.
I love this. I heard it the first time at a women's conference this year. The speaker was talking about her sons and how she spoke life over them, and one thing she spoke over them was that they were a worshiping warrior. I want my boys to learn how to worship God with everything they are, with out any hesitation, embarrassment, just pure joy in worship. Like David dancing before God! I want my boys to feel totally comfortable with humbling their self in front of the Lord, letting them self be small in that moment, but then in the next moment be able to be strong and fight for God, for the kingdom at any moment!

2. A pure heart.
I want both of my boys to protect their hearts, protect their eyes, their minds. I pray that my sons can give their wives a gift that I wasn't able to give their Dad. I want them to know and understand the important of connect with their wives, and just their wives in a emotional, physical, sexual way, the way that it was created to be. I desperately pray that they don't go down that road, that we can protect them from the overly sexual culture, that they learn deeply why this is dangerous that they walk away from it.

3. Counter-cultural.
I want my boys to rock this world! I don't want them to fall into the trap of doing things just because everyone else does. I pray they come at their generation in such a way that people take notice, not because they are amazing (which they are) but because they see their is a difference in their heart and that difference be the thing that shows Christ to the world.

There they are, that's our track. It is a tall order with so much falling on our shoulders, but I'm ready for it. How can I pray for my boys to be counter-cultural, pure hearted, worshiping warriors if I'm not?

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

If you like the blog, please take a minute and vote! You don't have to sign up for anything or give any information, just a click of your mouse! Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I think about these things, and pray for them all of the time! I want to get the book power of a praying patent. Heard its really good:)

    ReplyDelete