Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chosen pt.2



Yes, we're talking about Chosen again. It was such an amazing experience with so much packed into it I really hope/pray/plead with all of you guys to try and get here next year! Besides being impacted in such a huge way, there were some amazing speakers with amazing books and ministries that you guys should really take a look at!

I'm just going to go ahead and say your welcome, because I will love them all!

The lone ranger : Our pastor Greg Surratt. Talk about a brave man, getting up as the first to bat in front of like 1,000 women, he was amazing (like always). He spoke about us being adopted by Christ and chosen by Christ. It was amazing having the point of being chosen really driven home right from the start. You have to read his book! No really you HAVE TOO! There will be a pop quiz next week so get your copy now, and get reading! You will love it, it is the most refreshing, hilarious, and motivating book ever.


Lisa Bevere, I just have no words. She is amazing! The heart that she has for women is astounding, plus she is one of my all time favorite writers, and now speakers and people. Yes, I'm admitting it, I totally was like a 16 year old Bebier fan meeting her! (um side note, she also tweeted me so yeah, I'm cool! not really but, can I pretend for a little longer?) She has so many amazing books out there but, my all time FAVORITE is:


Helen Lee, okay I have to admit I wasn't sure about this Missional Moms thing. See I'm a stay at home mom literally, we have one car I go no where, I interact with facebook, I STAY AT HOME. A lot of the women at church love this missional mom thing... Wait let me explain real quick, Missional mom is about being a mom and using motherhood as a mission field. You know interacting with the women at the grocery store, or barnes and noble, chickfila, where ever you find your self. Thus my problem, I'm never at those places, so how can I be missional?

Let me tell you, I was so wrong! Helen Lee totally rocked my world in a huge, get my rear off the couch and walk the stinking neighborhood if I have to kind of way! On top of it, this was the first time she spoke and HOLLY COW! I'm just excited to say I saw her first cause this will so not be her last time!

Last but, so not least. Jo Saxton. I could sit and listen to her all day long, even if she was just reading the King James bible, cause she's British, so of course what ever she says automatically sounds more intelligent, interesting, and fabulous! The mind blowing thing is, she totally is Intelligent, Interesting, and beyond Fabulous and hilarious to boot! Jo is a director of 3DM, (ya'll just need to go check out the site, amazing.)


Anyways, I hope you guys now see how and why this was such a mind blowing, spirit rocking event. I mean with this line up, really how could it not be, and it was just the first year! I can't wait till next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment