Saturday, September 17, 2011

Crayons and Prayers


This week has been amazing! It was so beyond words amazing to be back in Charleston and doing all the things that I love to do. There were a few stressful parts, like being stranded for two hours at a gas station with a car that wouldn't start, but other than that it was perfection.

I think the most amazing thing for me was borrowing the book, Praying In Color, from Mrs Katie.

This book is amazing. A really simple read, and a simple concept but soul rocking at the same time. Its really an amazing new way to pray. It is basicily doodling/ coloring your prayer. I know it sounds a little odd but it has totally re-shaped my prayer life. I have always been the girl that was so excited if she had prayed/ had quite time for 15 mins with out my brain running off (you know, grocery list, laundry, random thoughts about food...) but, with the coloring I've focused on one thing for at least 45 mins! I was so excited and felt like the quality of my prayer and time was immeasurable! It's kind of hard to explain, and when it was explained to me I didn't fully get it till Katie showed me it then it clicked! I thought I would share two of my prayer.

For instants this was the first prayer I did. We found out Thursday that we are having another boy! I had to have a emergency ultra sound, everything is okay but we got to see the little man about 5 weeks early!
Here's my prayer for Guy!

It started with his name, as I was drawling in his name I was thinking about protecting him like a boundary around his name. As I was coloring in his boundary I started having words pop up in my head about the little Guy and it just grew from there! I started both of them in pen and then filled in with crayon. I felt so connected not only to God but to Guy. There is nothing that is a greater connector in life then praying for some one. At least I haven't found anything.

Here's another example of a prayer. 


This one was more for our whole life, and started with a lyric from a sound that was playing, "mighty breath of God, move upon this place", and from there I just started thinking of where I wanted that 'breath' to move and it just went from there. The thing I like about this one is somehow different colors started popping up in trends, so for the rest of the day when I saw purple I thought Home and would just say a quick prayer for home, or green I thought of my son's and would pray for them. It was totally not on purpose but it was insane!

I hope you try this. Its really amazing, and a total excuse to bust out some crayons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment