Whew, I've never been a huge fan of Mondays but man did I love yesterday!!
This weekend was a little crazy, sweet but crazy. I think it felt so nuts because Chris actually took Friday off so we had a nice long weekend! I was so excited after him being gone for a week to be able to just hang out and do things together as a family!
It was nice to have him come home and love everything I had been doing all week. When he left Monday I was still sore from the surgery, sad from losing the baby, and a little drugged, but he came home to Me...
The whole me.
Not just the "mommy" me, not the "wife" me, the whole as God created me... well, me!
I've been able to connect with God and have quite time, to paint and worship, to laugh with Holden, to have play dates, and rearrange furniture, just be able to be me in every aspect!
I was talking the other night with a wonderful mommy that I totally love basically about being whole in who God made you, and thriving in that!
I think that's the part I'm finally understanding: Thriving. Its not just know who you are. What your titles are, but growing in that. Reaching your full potential every time. It's hard and you totally can't do it alone. You have to lean in. Lean in to God, friends that build you up, family, love. You just lean in bear down and go!
That's why this year Easter was more perfect that I could every imagine! It was so nice after the past two weeks to be reminded of not only who I am, but who Christ is. What He did for me. For all of us. To be surrounded by family and just feel the love (and eat really good food, and candy till I was sick).

No comments:
Post a Comment