Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Man

Baby man, I can't believe you are a year old! It almost feels like some one is lying to me. That there is no way possible that the little tiny bundle of you that was the biggest source of snuggles, is now walking around yell for "Dada" when "Mama" doesn't give you your way.

You were so tiny, so perfect, so mesmerizing. I couldn't take my eyes off of you, and there was no way you were being any where else but in my arms. You were (and always will be) MY baby first. But, you keep growing. No matter how hard I wish I could freeze time and just hold on to you a little longer, snuggle a little deeper, smell the sweet scent of your newborn little head, you grew and grew. You've gone from just staring at me to making me laugh harder than I have ever laugh!

The little personality that God has blessed you with is in it's self a miracle. Yes, you fuss, yes you test us, and yes you are really good at throwing a nice size fit! But, your heart is priceless. When I cry you crawl in to my lap, place both hand on my face and smile. This adorable little smile that says so much.

You LOVE to make people laugh, and boy do they laugh! I love when we stroll around a store and you sit there backwards in the seat, and wave and say hi to every person that passes. I love that when they don't acknowledge you, you don't give up! You've said hi to a lady on the phone so many times she stopped her conversation to "say hi to this little boy that is trying so hard!". I love watching you interact with the rest of the world!

Baby man, your a year old. Your little light has only shine for 12 months and wow, what an impact you have made not only on our lives but so many others! I pray you always want to make others smile and laugh. I pray you always show that compassion that is already such a part of who you are. I pray that you will always know how much you are loved, and how beyond proud I am of the amazing baby man you are! I can now say I can't wait to see what you do in life.

I love you baby man...

1 comment:

  1. ok so this just made me cry! How sweet! You are an awesome mommy & yes that little baby man is pretty dang awesome himself! I demand more playdates & dont care about the drive!

    ReplyDelete