Driving through the neighborhood tonight
a random thought hit.

I could see straight into a lot of people homes and noticed,
that most people have home offices where their dinning room should be.
Then, I remembered my friend Abbey
(who was a leasing agent in her past life)
saying years ago that the least used room in an apartment was the dinning room.
It made me think: Why?
What does it say about us, as a culture?
Is the all might dollar more important than quality time with our families?
Are we working our selves into early graves?
Is our homes no longer sanctuaries where we can go to and forget about everything else?
Why do people not seem to have dinning rooms?
Do we not eat together anymore?
Is it no longer important?

I'm not saying I have any answer,
just a lot "humms"...
What do you think?
I would love to know!
I was serious when I said that, and I had the same reaction and thought... why wouldn't you eat some yummy hummus at the dining room table and drink fab wine with you friends or family there?!? I just hope that these people are having some good holsome fellowship around the fire pit or on the porch!
ReplyDelete