I've been waiting all weekend for it!
I've been reading about what they call "wonder weeks" were your child makes developmental leaps in a short spurt of time. So far all of Holden's leaps have been small, well they show up as small but there's a lot going on in his little mind that I just can't see. Until, this weekend that is!
It started Saturday.
Friday night my mom and I went to Target where they had a good amount of baby stuff on sale so I grabbed a few Gerber food for Holden. I got him a thing of puffs and veggie sticks to try next month when we do the sippy cup.
Saturday we where sitting on my mom's swing having coffee and Holden was so interested in what we were eating/ drinking that, I went inside and got out his puffs to just try one with him. He loved it. It was hilarious because, the puffs melt in their mouths so he was little freaked out by that but he loved the taste. He would eat them, make a horrible face, then grunt and reach for more!
Needless to say he is all about feeding himself now. The little puffs get "lost" in his little hands. He hasn't quite figured out if he opens his hand its still in there, but he's working it out.
Needless to say Saturday was a big day for us.
Saturday we ran to Walmart trying to fix my lap top (which is officially a hopeless case). When we came home Chris and I were sitting on the floor working on the computer while Holden was playing on our bed right beside us. Holden was just chatting away playing with his toes and chewing on his fingers. Well, he started getting bored or frustrated and he started grunting and making all sorts of noises trying to get our attention. Then I looked over at him, he turned and faced me and said.... "maama." Yes, Holden has said his first word Maama! I'm so excited. It's really cute because when he gets stuck/ or wants something he calls for me to come get him. I love it.
Sunday we went to church and our favorite place to get breakfast: The flying biscuit. Holden wasn't having it. He wanted out of his seat, he wanted to be held, he wanted to play with everything just a general mommy needs a third arm situation. After trying to chug my coffee (which mental note: very bad idea!) I gave it and gave Holden a little piece of a biscuit, which of course my little chunky monkey wanted the whole thing. When he was done with that bite he would scream, which is so fun in a small public place! Then I gave him grits. He loved them, loved them to the point that between yesterday and this morning he ate all of them. He hasn't eating anything all week. Between teething and being sick with a cold he hasn't wanted anything but his bottle. I'm starting to realize that he doesn't like baby food at all, he just wants what ever mommy and daddy are eating.I love it. I love my little man. I love being a mommy.
i had a feeling he said his first word after you said it wasn't the one thing on the picture! Awww! How cute! Those puff things are AWESOME! Staisha loved them & I had to hide them from my sister because she always ate them too! LOL! Grits are fun! That's how I kept Staisha's iron up since she refused to eat green veggies as a baby. Colin kept screaming wanting mine yesterday but I dont want to try that just yet.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all these milestones! How exciting! Now I am ready for the video of him saying his new word!