I'm starting to realize that this mommy thing is a bit harder than it looks.
Now, I was a nanny for years and totally loved it! I love taking care of kids, and babies. I love all things home bound. So I learned before I had my baby, how to manage time, juggle kids, cleaning, and a little down time. All things I've been doing now being at home.
You know being a good mommy.
Yea, I was a little off.
See yesterday morning I was reading proverbs 14, and the first verse in that chapter jumped out at me.
The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
Honestly I skimmed over it and just kept reading. But, I just had this tugging, pulling me back to that verse. I didn't get it. I do build my house. I put up pictures (or tell Chris where to put them), I do laundry, I cook, I do dishes, I decorate. I build my house. I spent all day yesterday desperately trying to figure out why on earth that hit me so hard.
Now I get it.
I'm good, if not great at building my home. My worldly, drop by and see how clean it is home. But, what about my Godly home?
What am I doing to build into that?
What am I doing in building that in my son, in my husband, in my marriage?
Yea, you guess it. Not too much.
I know my son is young, way to young to understand anything that comes out of my mouth. But, who says the only way to teach is by my voice. Are my actions reflective of God and His love, His glory. Honestly, not so much. I also know that he's too small to even know what my actions mean. He just not is starting to recognize me. So why worry. I have time right?
I don't think so.
Right now is the time for me to get my act together, before he gets old enough to watch mommy curse when she stubs her toe. Right now is time for me to practice joyfully doing laundry.
(so much hard than you would think!)
Now is the time for me to step it up and learn how to be the wife and mom, Chris and Holden needs and deserves. Running around trying to clean up really fast before Chris gets home so it looks like I've done something with my day (yes I do this) is not okay. Is that what I would want? It says to do all things as you are doing them for Christ. Is that what any of them deserve? Do I have that little love towards them that its okay for them to get half of my potential?
I have a given time here on this earth, what am I wasting it on?
Facebook? Really, is it so important?
Its time for me to step it up, take it back to basics. Its time I start actively participate in my life again. Its time for me to start giving my all in every thing I'm doing!
100% all of me, even in cleaning up spit up!
Now, I was a nanny for years and totally loved it! I love taking care of kids, and babies. I love all things home bound. So I learned before I had my baby, how to manage time, juggle kids, cleaning, and a little down time. All things I've been doing now being at home.
You know being a good mommy.
Yea, I was a little off.
See yesterday morning I was reading proverbs 14, and the first verse in that chapter jumped out at me.
The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
Honestly I skimmed over it and just kept reading. But, I just had this tugging, pulling me back to that verse. I didn't get it. I do build my house. I put up pictures (or tell Chris where to put them), I do laundry, I cook, I do dishes, I decorate. I build my house. I spent all day yesterday desperately trying to figure out why on earth that hit me so hard.
Now I get it.
I'm good, if not great at building my home. My worldly, drop by and see how clean it is home. But, what about my Godly home?
What am I doing to build into that?
What am I doing in building that in my son, in my husband, in my marriage?
Yea, you guess it. Not too much.
I know my son is young, way to young to understand anything that comes out of my mouth. But, who says the only way to teach is by my voice. Are my actions reflective of God and His love, His glory. Honestly, not so much. I also know that he's too small to even know what my actions mean. He just not is starting to recognize me. So why worry. I have time right?
I don't think so.
Right now is the time for me to get my act together, before he gets old enough to watch mommy curse when she stubs her toe. Right now is time for me to practice joyfully doing laundry.
(so much hard than you would think!)
Now is the time for me to step it up and learn how to be the wife and mom, Chris and Holden needs and deserves. Running around trying to clean up really fast before Chris gets home so it looks like I've done something with my day (yes I do this) is not okay. Is that what I would want? It says to do all things as you are doing them for Christ. Is that what any of them deserve? Do I have that little love towards them that its okay for them to get half of my potential?
I have a given time here on this earth, what am I wasting it on?
Facebook? Really, is it so important?
Its time for me to step it up, take it back to basics. Its time I start actively participate in my life again. Its time for me to start giving my all in every thing I'm doing!
100% all of me, even in cleaning up spit up!
No comments:
Post a Comment